Saturday, November 05, 2005

Arrived and settling in......

Hey! I made it!..... I have much longer arms than I did before from carrying 15kgs of hand luggage in shopping bags, but all is good! NB if you want to bring loads of extra stuff with you when flying, just stick it all in shopping bags, and no one thinks twice! That 23kg limit is so ickle anyway!

I arrived in Malindi (Kenya) on Wednesday afternoon, having got 3 planes and wondered around numerous terminal buildings. I'm staying with Grenville, George and their 3 kids, (an Irish couple who were here last time I was) in "moderite" accomadation. But this is only a short lived affair, as I'm going looking at houses now for myself today.

Weather here is nice and hot, lots of sun, and I've been told that it rains in the morning, but haven't noticed that time of the day yet.
Meeting with lots of people, getting to know what's going on in the town, people call this networking, I call it having a drink!

Confat came up from the LoveSHACK in Nairobi, to collect all the goodies I brought over from Sam, and also to leave Nativity sets that are being brought over to Dublin to be sold at christmas stalls. These funds are then coming back for the LoveSHACK to keep them going and growing!
Its great to be involved in all these linkings of people!
Hilary (big chief of PCs for Africa) and we are planning what my exact course of action will be to help with this project, will keep you posted on that!

Right so!

Keep them emails coming to me, its a little quiet here compared to Dublin life at the moment, so it's nice to hear the chat!

Below are some contact details for ya!


Lindsay


Lindsay Rountree
PO BOX 1530
Maindi
Kenya

+254 736 560999 - Mobile

lindsaysafricaproject@way-out-woop-woop.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home