Friday, December 09, 2005

.......the work keeps going!



Man have I been having fun!!! Oh yea, and working too! Took a trip into the country side from the coast where I live. We visited 10 computer centers along the way, me, Eric and his lovely car.
Driving on some of these roads is something else! All I can say is, come and enjoy! There's nothing like driving up a slippery rock face in a normal car, and this is the done thing!! Bizarre! and fun!!

As I said we visited 10 places, 9 schools and an orphanage for boys. All these places over the last 4 years received computers from us PCs for Africa; and now I've set myself the task of seeing how these places have got on.


As you'll see from the photos, there is a mixed effort made. One school on top of a mountain (hence the slippery rock scaleing) in the middle of nowhere, has 20 computers and all of them running perfect!

Whereas another school, which has been encouraged a lot by us in the past with 25 computers, had only 7 running when I arrived. This place with a little attention from me have a few more going now, but the enthusism and sometimes the school budget sometimes lacks to keep things running fully. And so these are places that need another visit, when schools open again in January to see if they get to keep their computers, having made promises to fix them by then.










Last week before this trip I went and visited The Love SHACK, I'll tell you all about this place soon. For the moment check out their new web site that'll explain what they're up to, and then I'll let you in on what I got up to.

"Love SHACK"


Ciao for now!
I have a visitor arriving, so busy busy!!
Safaries etc


Lindsay

3 Comments:

At 12:58 a.m., Blogger Brett Nissen said...

Where did you get the nice silver car mate?

 
At 10:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Lindsay with all your amazing work. Your an inspiration to us all.
Niamh :)

 
At 12:35 p.m., Blogger Lindsay said...

I borrowed the lovely car off the Kenyan man, Eric that helps us on this side. No I didn't rob it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home